Sunday, July 20, 2014

New Old Recipes

My parents are moving into a new house next month, so they're going through the arduous task of sorting through the tons of stuff they've accumulated through the years, trying to decide what to sell, what to keep and what to give to their children. It hasn't been an easy task for them, but they're doing a remarkably good job at it so far. My mother has decided to get rid of all but her most treasured cookbooks, giving them to me. Also I have suddenly come into possession of two bound folders filled with recipes from her food classes she took in high school in the late 1950's. What a treasure! And as if that weren't enough, I now have many handwritten note cards filled with both old family recipes and dishes Mom thought sounded tasty when she was flipping through various magazines and library books.

While it would probably be much easier to just copy the recipes into allrecipes.com or to scan them into a searchable database, I thought it might be nicer to post some of them here. So my goal is to share at least one per week along with some of my other more tasty dishes in hopes of making the internet a little bit brighter - and yummier - place.

No comments:

Post a Comment